– Stimulates your body’s natural healing mechanisms
– Helps to restore physical and mental balance
– Is one of the safest therapeutic interventions ever used by mankind (with a time-tested record of millions of treatments, virtually free of side effects)
– Needles are hair thin and do not damage the tissue when inserted.
– Can be a very pleasant experience due to a sense of well-being that usually follows the treatment
Modern research has shown that acupuncture elicits a complex set of responses in the peripheral, central, and autonomic nervous systems, including the release of chemicals and hormones involved in pain transmission, behavior, muscle and visceral activity.
This age old therapeutic method involves the insertion of stainless steel needles into various areas around the body. Heat application and/or electrical stimulation are often used added to the treatment as well.